The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) offers several national scholarships for students. In addition, the National Capital Chesapeake Bay Chapter (NCCB) offers a regional scholarship in honor of Betty Endicott, the first female news director in Washington, DC. Students may apply for both national and regional scholarships. NATAS is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancement in the television arts & sciences.
The Betty Endicott NATAS-NCCB Chapter Student Scholarship
The NATAS-NCCB is pleased to announce its annual scholarship competition is now accepting applications. The scholarship is in honor of Betty Endicott, the first female news director in Washington, DC.
Both full-time undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Applicants must be studying for a career in communications and/or broadcast journalism. Scholarships will range from $1,000 to $5,000 (not to exceed $5,000), depending on the number of scholarships awarded.
Eligibility Requirements for Applicants
- Be enrolled in an accredited two or four year college or graduate program in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC
- Be a full-time sophomore, junior or graduating senior with a declared major in communications or broadcast journalism
- Be a full-time graduate student in pursuit of an advanced degree in either communications or broadcast journalism
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate an aptitude or interest in communication or broadcast journalism through coursework, extracurricular activities, internships, jobs and volunteer work
Complete the application and return to NATAS-NCCB, including all additional requested materials, before Thursday, April 6, 2017.
National scholarship applications are typically accepted in early February each year.
If you would like to receive Educational Outreach email notifications request to be added to our email list.